Monday, July 16, 2012

Modern Primitives...

Apparently I know a lot of primitive people... As things have progressed I have been getting in touch with a lot of old friends and a surprising number of them have adopted one variation or other of a Primal Diet.  Maybe that's just the kind of friends I have; I was accused of being a cave-man long before I started dieting...  But maybe it's a sign that people are starting to wake up and pay attention to what they eat?  One can only hope; the more people insist on natural foods the better the supply will be and the easier it will become to maintain a healthy diet.

Last night we went to dinner at the house of an old friend that I hadn't visited with for a few years. She and her hubby served up roast beef with sweet potatoes, parsnips, carrots and onions.  Desert was blueberries with home-made organic whipped cream.  Among their cookbooks was 'The Primal Solution.'  They didn't make a big deal about it but the dinner was largely from natural and/or organic sources, was seasonally appropriate and a perfect fit with our diet.

Parsnips, which I have been meaning to try, are quite yummy when baked with a roast beef.  One more thing to add to our own menu.  We're on the lookout for turnips too... I'm told turnip greens are worthy as well as the bulb.  I'm looking forward to finding out...

No comments:

Post a Comment